Additional Trip Information
What to Bring:
For every trip you need:
- Footwear – sandals w/ toe and ankle straps, water shoes, sneakers (flip-flops not recommended and not allowed on more aggressive trips)
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Change of clothes and shoes for after trip
- If you wish to bring a water bottle, please have a way to attach the bottle to the raft (small carabiner is best)
- Face coverings are required in our buildings, on bus/van ride to and from the river, at public launch and take-out areas during the trip. Guests may wear face coverings during the raft trip except where doing so may introduce a safety hazard.
Items for spring and fall & cool or rainy days:
***Avoid cotton clothing-it cools the body when wet!
- For feet: wool or fleece socks. Very important in spring!
- For torso and legs: performance wear (Under Armour, Dri-Fit), wool, fleece, capilene, polypropylene
- Outer layer: wind jacket and pants are great for shedding water and can be worn over a wetsuit or fleece
Clean, comfortable wetsuits and wetsuit boots will always be available for rent. Fleece and synthetics are extra warm under wetsuits and wetsuit boots. Wind jackets and pants can be worn over wetsuits to shed water and add warmth.
Our Vermont base houses a store where you may purchase pictures of your trip in additions to a selection of apparel and souvenirs.
Always bring medications which you may need on the river i.e. asthma inhaler, bee sting kit, etc.
Check out Mount Snow’s luxury and economy lodging at https://www.mountsnow.com/your-stay/
All rafters will be required to sign a waiver of liability before enjoying one of our trips. The two page waiver will be emailed in a link to the reservation holder who will forward the waiver to everyone in the party to e-sign. Paper waivers will be available upon check-in if waivers have not been completed electronically. Waiver
We meet our West River trips at Mount Snow Ski Resort in Dover, Vermont We encourage you to stay in Mount Snow lodging to make your day more relaxing – enjoy fine lodging, sleep later, get a big breakfast and enjoy a hot tub after the trip. If you are interested in checking out other lodging options, go to the Mount Snow Valley Chamber of Commerce for other options. If you are interested in camping, here are the campgrounds closest to Mount Snow:
Jamaica State Park Campground Jamaica, Vt 802-241-3655
Molly Stark State Park Wilmington, VT 802.464-5460