Your Day on the Deerfield River Funyak Trip
Crab Apple on the Deerfield - 2056 Mohawk Trail Charlemont, MA 01339, Latitude: 42.622345 | Longitude: -72.788708
We have limited parking at Crab Apple, so please carpool whenever possible.
GPS, navigation systems and Mapquest often give innaccurate directions to our location. We are very easy to find on Rte 2. Please consult a map and follow the directions for easy travel to Crab Apple. GPS coordinates for 2056 Mohawk Trail Charlemont, MA are Latitude: 42.622345 | Longitude: -72.788708
This trip meets at different times - check your confirmation for your trip time and plan to check in up to 30 minutes before the trip time. Please consult a map along with our directions. Please be on time, since we must work within the schedule of water releases decided on by the power company.
- Meet at 1:45pm
- Lifejacket and helmet fitting - (all guests must wear a Personal Floatation Device and helmet issued by Crab Apple)
- Safety lecture and paddling instruction
- Ride to put in
- Paddle 5 miles in Class I-II whitewater
- Riverside Snack
- Paddle 3 miles in Class I-II whitewater
- Take out at Crab Apple
- Slide presentation of trip
- Departure by approximately 5:30-6:00pm
What to Bring:
For every trip you need:
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Footwear - sandals w/straps, watershoes, sneakers (flip-flops not recommended)
- Change of clothes and shoes for after trip
Items for spring/fall & cool/rainy days:
- ***Avoid cotton clothing - it cools the body when wet!
- For feet: wool or fleece socks. Very important in spring!
- For torso and legs: performance wear (Under Armour),wool, fleece, capilene, polypropylene
- Outer layer: wind jacket and pants are great for shedding water and can be worn over a wetsuit or fleece
Clean, comfortable wetsuits and wetsuit boots will always be available for rent. Fleece and synthetics are extra warm under wetsuits and wetsuit boots. Wind jackets and pants can be worn over wetsuits to shed water and add warmth.
Crab Apple on the Deerfield houses a fun store where you may purchase photos of your trip, a fine selection of apparel and souvenirs. A snack bar is also available with ice cream, snacks, soda, beer and wine.
Medications / Physical Limitations:
Always bring medications which you may need on the river i.e. asthma inhaler, bee sting kit, etc.
Pregnant women, persons with a heart condition and anyone with a medical problem that could be affected by the heat, cold, exertion, excitement, etc. of a raft trip may not raft. We reserve the right to refuse anyone the opportunity to participate in any of our adventures because of a medical, physical or size limitation that we feel might expose them to extreme risk. Life jackets fit up to a 58 inch chest size. Contact our office with questions concerning these policies.
Go to our listing of Local Accommodations for campgrounds, B&B's, motels, hotels and Inns.
All rafters will be required to sign a waiver of liability before enjoying one of our trips. Download it here and bring it in completed the day of the trip to save time. Waiver